VNA TRUCK (Very Narrow Aisle)
This truck is not as common as the reach or counterbalance and is generally used in warehouses with limited space, as its name stands for “Very Narrow Aisle”. The truck is designed to operate in spaces with limited room for manoeuvring, making them ideal for use in high-density warehouses and distribution centres.
WHAT WILL YOUR TRAINING INCLUDE
Delegate training will generally consist of 3 stages which will cover both written and practical assessment. You will be using a range of video and written materials to assist you in your training:
- Basic training: the basic skills and knowledge required to operate a lift truck safely and efficiently.
- Specific job training: knowledge and understanding of the operating principles and controls of the lift truck to be used and how it will be used in the workplace.
- Familiarisation training: applying what has been learnt, under normal working conditions, on the job.
It is difficult to specify how long a course should last as there are many issues which affect the rate of learning. Courses should be long enough to meet the requirements (typically 3-5 days for a novice and 1 day for a refresher). Delegates with some experience of lift trucks or relevant experience of similar vehicles may need less extensive training than those with no experience, however, do not overestimate the value of such experience. A delegate with basic training on one type of lift truck or handling attachment cannot safely operate others, on which they have not been trained, without additional conversion training.
The instructor will continuously assess a trainee’s progress to ensure they achieve the required standards throughout training. At the end of the training, the trainee should pass a test, or tests, to demonstrate that they have the necessary practical and theoretical knowledge and skills to operate lift trucks safely.You will have to pass 3 separate test to obtain your FLT certification
- Pre Use Check
- Theory test (Mixture of 25 open and multiple choice questions)
- Practical skills test (Driving around a chicane with a loaded truck and operate at all levels of the pallet racking)